The school was established in 1990 as a result of demand for quality education by ACFC employees and also as part of corporate social responsibility. Established with over 340 pupils, 18 teaching staff and 2 support staff, Muhoroni Furaha primary is guided by its philosophy that “every child is unique and capable of facing life with confidence, given the right foundation and support“. The schools’ mission is therefore “to enlighten, inspire and empower the child in becoming a holistic individual prepared to face challenges of the dynamic global village“.
The school prides itself as an academic excellence and has maintained the top ten best schools in the province posting a greater number to national secondary schools and high profiled provincial schools. The approach to discipline is through guidance and counseling ensuring that pupils are happy and emotionally stable.
- The enabling environment has enhanced the performance of the pupils through installation of modern learning facilities and ideal infrastrure in place. This enables the pupils to not only excel in class but also in co-curriculum activities as hereunder.
- We pride ourselves in participating successfully in the Kenya Music Festival up to the national level in various categories, including French speaking. 2010 saw the school scooping the best overall trophy in the lower choir- class 237.
- Participated successfully up to the national levels in the scouting activities.
- Participated well in the Kenya Drama Festivals where they have continuously displayed their talents very well.
- Participated in occasional external games and athletics as an opportunity to display their talents.